News and views
As one of the most high-profile businesses in the finance sector, we attract a broad range of views on what we do. Here's our factual take on some of the hot topics involving Wonga.
Public Accounts Committee report
Date article publshed: 31/05/2013 Read original article >
The Public Accounts Committee (PAC) has published its report into the regulation of consumer credit.
The Times concludes that “One player comes out rather well from the report. Wonga…is cited twice and rather positively. It limits loan rollovers to three - a laudable policy that the committee recommends be adopted by all lenders. And it stops racking up interest on defaulters after 60 days - a limit the committee wants enshrined in legislation”.
Wonga's annual report: 2012
Today we published our first annual report, showing expansion and growth across the Wonga Group.
Thank you for your submission
Given the large amount of media coverage about Wonga, we will not be able to post a response to every story. We will reply to your request within 48 hours and let you know of our decision.
- Advertising (6)
- Annual Percentage Rate (APR) (4)
- Annual report (4)
- Apology (1)
- Archbishop of Canterbury (2)
- Cap (1)
- Chairman (1)
- Competition Commission (3)
- Credit rating (1)
- Customers (6)
- FCA (1)
- Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) (1)
- Football Club Sponsorship (8)
- Fraud (2)
- International (3)
- Management team (3)
- Newcastle United Football Club (1)
- Office of Fair Trading (OFT) (2)
- Public Accounts Committee (PAC) (2)
- Real-time data sharing (1)
- Tara Kneafsey (1)
- Technology (3)
- Total Cost of Credit (TCC) (2)
- UK MD (1)
- Unauthorised overdraft (2)
- Wonga (33)
- Wonga Group (2)