News and views
As one of the most high-profile businesses in the finance sector, we attract a broad range of views on what we do. Here's our factual take on some of the hot topics involving Wonga.
Date article publshed: 30/01/2013 Read original article >
On 30th January 2013, the Daily Mail published an in-depth investigation into the high cost of unauthorised overdrafts.
It also printed a supporting editorial that suggested annual percentage rates (APRs) can be a misleading way to compare short-term credit.
Which? campaign to ‘clean up credit’
Our regular customer surveys continue to show that most people use Wonga because of the control, convenience and transparency of the service, but the recent Which? campaign to “clean up the entire credit market” also backs up the other rarely told truth about our consumer product:
People often use Wonga because of the price.
Thank you for your submission
Given the large amount of media coverage about Wonga, we will not be able to post a response to every story. We will reply to your request within 48 hours and let you know of our decision.
- Advertising (6)
- Annual Percentage Rate (APR) (4)
- Annual report (4)
- Apology (1)
- Archbishop of Canterbury (2)
- Cap (1)
- Chairman (1)
- Competition Commission (3)
- Credit rating (1)
- Customers (6)
- FCA (1)
- Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) (1)
- Football Club Sponsorship (8)
- Fraud (2)
- International (3)
- Management team (3)
- Newcastle United Football Club (1)
- Office of Fair Trading (OFT) (2)
- Public Accounts Committee (PAC) (2)
- Real-time data sharing (1)
- Tara Kneafsey (1)
- Technology (3)
- Total Cost of Credit (TCC) (2)
- UK MD (1)
- Unauthorised overdraft (2)
- Wonga (33)
- Wonga Group (2)