News and views
Wonga ‘APR’ TV advert
You may have seen reports in the media over the last few days about the ban of one of our TV ads by the Advertising Standards Authority (ASA).
We do take this guidance very seriously, and will continue to work closely and transparently with the ASA to ensure none of our adverts are misleading in any way.
The advert in question set out to show the true cost of a Wonga loan, and explained that no one ever pays thousands of per cent in interest.
We always make it totally clear to customers when they apply for a loan exactly how much they will have to pay back and when.
- Advertising (6)
- Annual Percentage Rate (APR) (4)
- Annual report (4)
- Apology (1)
- Archbishop of Canterbury (2)
- Cap (1)
- Chairman (1)
- Competition Commission (3)
- Credit rating (1)
- Customers (6)
- FCA (1)
- Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) (1)
- Football Club Sponsorship (8)
- Fraud (2)
- International (3)
- Management team (3)
- Newcastle United Football Club (1)
- Office of Fair Trading (OFT) (2)
- Public Accounts Committee (PAC) (2)
- Real-time data sharing (1)
- Tara Kneafsey (1)
- Technology (3)
- Total Cost of Credit (TCC) (2)
- UK MD (1)
- Unauthorised overdraft (2)
- Wonga (33)
- Wonga Group (2)